Dr. Sabino Emil Cocos
PT, DPT, OCS
Co-owner of CoActiv Physical Therapy
A Message From Dr. Sabino Emil Cocos, Owner & Founder Of CoActiv Physical Therapy
It’s natural to believe that back discomfort is insignificant and will go away. It’s also typical to blame it on “awkward sleeping,” a “spasm,” or something “everyone” suffers from at some point…
There is no evident cause for it, but it does not appear to be changing!
If this happens to you, you are not alone; we always hear stories like this. In fact, the most common ailment we treat in our clinic is lower back pain and sciatica!
And when it comes to living with back pain, everyone we see is curious…
“How Come This Is Happening to Me?” or “Why Am I Still Suffering With Back Pain After Putting up With It for 3-6 Months? (Sometimes Even More!)
Most people believe that if they have back pain, it will go away on its own.
They believe that if they wake up one morning, it would be as if the backache never existed… But six months later, you still suffer back pain, which is frequently worse than when it initially began.
Does It Describe You?
Another scenario we see all the time in our clinic is when individuals go to the Doctor, and the Doctor instructs them to relax and “try these pills” and “see how it goes.”
However, this is rarely the best advice, and many people return to the doctor after four weeks since things haven’t improved. Worse, they’re frequently given another prescription for harsher drugs and told to rest even more. This is absurd, and it explains why many individuals in the United States suffer from persistent lower back discomfort.
Has Something Similar Happened to You?
What else may explain why back discomfort lasts longer than it should? It’s easy to become perplexed because many individuals have taught you so many different things. Many individuals are willing to provide advice, but much of it is rarely reliable.
Perhaps you believe your back pain was caused by something you did, such as lifting or sleeping in an awkward position. Still, it was caused by years and years of poor posture and poor movement, which caused the muscles in your lower back to become weak, and the lifting or awkward sleeping position was just the EFFECT of that.
Back pain may be quite perplexing if you don’t know what you’re doing, and as a result, many people just accept it as ‘part of life’ – as if it’s normal and ‘just the way it is’. What else may explain why back discomfort lasts longer than it should? It’s easy to become perplexed because you’ve been taught so many different things by many different individuals. Many individuals are willing to advise, but much of it is rarely reliable.
Do You Also Feel This Way?
If You Already Have Back Pain, Here Are 7 More Reasons Why It Might Be Sticking Around Longer Than It Should:
If any of these things have happened to you, we’d love to help. Book a call with our low back expert to find out what can be done to help you. If you’ve already tried some or all of these things, that’s a GOOD THING because it means you know what doesn’t work and are closer to finding what does.
If you want some good advice over the phone, click the link below to schedule a call. The phone call is free, and you don’t have to schedule any appointments with us after it’s over. Our goal is to help you decide what to do next in the best way.
“What Can I Do Quickly to Stop My Back Pain?”
- First, you need to decide whether or not to get help: Many people wait a long time to get help for back pain because they think it will “go away with time.” But six months later, they’re still putting up with it, and either nothing has changed, or the pain has gotten worse.
- Do the RIGHT exercises: One of the best ways to ease back pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises. The correct exercises given to you by a physiotherapist will help reduce pain, let you move freely again quickly, and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon (or aggravate your back even more like some exercises do).
- Don’t sit or rest for long periods. Have you ever tried to get off the couch after sitting for a while, but it was hard because your back hurt and felt tight? That’s because resting or sitting for long periods is one of the worst things you can do for back pain. Sitting in awkward positions or resting too much, your back gets stiff and tight. Along with hands-on treatment, it would help a lot if you were shown the correct exercises to strengthen your muscles for better posture. This would help you return to being active and healthy as soon as possible.
- Get real, “hands-on” physical therapy. Physical therapy has been shown to help people with low-back pain. It’s one of the most common injuries we see at CoActiv Physical Therapy. Physical therapy can help you get back to living the life you deserve as soon as possible if your back pain affects your job, your ability to stay active, your independence, or your ability to spend quality time with family and friends.
If you want to know how the physical therapists at CoActiv Physical Therapy can help you live with less back pain, we invite you to start with a free, no-obligation, risk-free appointment at one of our clinics:
Note: We offer this Free Total Body Diagnostic session to people who are nervous or unsure about Physical Therapy and don’t know if it will help them. If that sounds like you, please start with a Free Total Body Diagnostic session so we can help you figure out what’s wrong and what can be done without you having to spend any money.
The question now is:
“How Can Seeing a Physical Therapist at CoActiv Physical Therapy Help You Get Rid of Your Back Pain in the Next Few Days?”
- We can get rid of the pain and stiffness quickly, usually in just a couple of sessions.
- We can help you figure out what’s going on and get to the bottom of your back pain once and for all—often in less than 20 minutes.
- Pain can “zap” your energy and make it hard to get a good night’s sleep. We can help you sleep better and have more energy every day.
- We’ll make sure that your problem is “fixed” and “healed” right, and we’ll give you the right set of exercises to help you get better faster.
- We can help you stop taking painkillers that are bad for your health in the long run.
- We can help you avoid painful injections and risky spinal surgery.
- We can help you avoid going to the doctor’s office or going back again and again just to get more pills.
- We can help you get back to spending time with family and friends that back pain has taken away from you.
- We can help you finally get a good night’s sleep so you don’t have to toss and turn to find the right position.
- We can help you sit comfortably and walk for more than 15 minutes without feeling like your back is weak, sore, or about to “give way.”
Basically, we can help you get rid of your back pain and get back to living your life.
If you want to know how much it costs and if we have any openings at our physical therapy clinic in Bradenton, Florida, then click the button below and fill out the short form: