Neck & Shoulder
Dr. Sabino Emil Cocos
PT, DPT, OCS
Co-owner of CoActiv Physical Therapy
A Message From Dr. Sabino Emil Cocos, Owner & Founder Of CoActiv Physical Therapy
“How Come This Is Happening to Me?” “How Come I’m Still Suffering From Neck and Shoulder Pain After 6 Months and Sometimes More?”
Most individuals believe that it will go away if they have Neck or Shoulder Pain. They’ll wake up one morning, and it’ll be as if nothing ever happened… But six months later, you’re still dealing with persistent discomfort worse than when it started.
Does It Describe You?
Another situation we always encounter in our physical therapy clinic is when individuals go to the doctor, and the doctor instructs them to relax and “try some pills” to see how it goes. But then, six weeks later, they return to the same Doctor since things haven’t improved, only to be offered ANOTHER prescription for even stronger drugs.
Have You Ever Experienced Something Similar?
Maybe you’re perplexed because different people have told you different things. Perhaps you believe you have a neck problem, but the issue is in your shoulder. It’s a problematic portion of the body to figure out where the problem is, which frequently causes people to delay and put off choosing what to do to assist in alleviating their neck and shoulder discomfort. Worse, many individuals simply accept it as “part of life,” as if it were normal or “had” to be that way.
Is This How You’re Feeling?
If You Have Neck or Shoulder Pain, Here Are 7 More Reasons Why It May Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- You expected it to go away, but it didn’t.
- You went to the doctor, who urged you to rest and take pain relievers, but the medications didn’t help, and as soon as they wore off, the neck and shoulder discomfort returned.
- You just accepted it since a family member or acquaintance informed you that everyone suffers neck and shoulder discomfort as they age.
- You have previously sought assistance from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physical Therapist, but nothing they said or did appear to help.
- You’ve tried heating pads and TENS units, but they’ve done little to alleviate your discomfort.
- You thought resting would be a good option because your neck or shoulder discomfort was so severe, but it still annoys you regularly.
- You chose to have a couple of “massages” in the hopes that they would relieve your discomfort, but all they did was make you feel good and relaxed and did nothing to help you in the long run.
Another question we are frequently asked is:
“How Do You Get Rid of Neck/Shoulder Pain?”
- First and foremost, you must decide whether or not to seek assistance. So many individuals postpone for so long, believing that the neck and shoulder discomfort would ‘simply go away with time,’ only to find that nothing has changed or gotten worse six months later.
- Next, do the RIGHT exercises. One of the best things you can do to help relieve your neck and/or shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, allow you to move freely again quickly – and ensure that the problems don’t return any time soon.
- Avoid sleeping or sitting in uncomfortable situations. Have you ever awoken with a sore neck? Or have you ever felt the tension in your shoulders after a long day of sitting? That’s because sitting with terrible posture and sleeping in uncomfortable positions are two of the worst things you can do to aggravate neck and/or shoulder discomfort. It would be highly beneficial if you were given proper strengthening exercises for better posture and hands-on treatment to make you active and healthy as soon as feasible.
- Seek genuine, “hands-on” Physical Therapy. Physical Therapy has been shown to aid persons suffering from neck and shoulder discomfort. In fact, it’s one of the most prevalent problems we see at CoActiv Physical Therapy. If your neck and/or shoulder pain is interfering with your job, if your sleep is disrupted by tightness or tension in your shoulders, if it prevents you from staying active, or if it threatens your independence and prevents you from spending quality time with family and friends, physiotherapy can help you get back to living the life you deserve as soon as possible.
Suppose you’d like to learn more about how the CoActiv Physical Therapy team may help you live with less neck and shoulder discomfort. In that case, we welcome you to start with an entirely free, no-obligation, risk-free session at our location in Bradenton, Florida:
Note: We provide this free Total Body Diagnostic session to anyone scared or suspicious about Physical Therapy, unsure of its advantages, or if it is suited for them. If this describes you, please begin with a Free Total Body Diagnostic session so that we can work with you to determine what is wrong and what can be done – with no financial risk.
So Here’s the Next Question:
How May Seeing a Physical Therapist at CoActiv Physical Therapy Help Alleviate Neck And/or Shoulder Pain?
- We can eliminate pain and stiffness rapidly, sometimes within a handful of sessions.
- Typically within 20 minutes, we can assist you to figure out what’s actually going on and getting to the bottom of your shoulder pain.
- Pain can “zap” you off energy and prevent a restful night’s sleep; we can help you sleep better and have more energy each day.
- We will guarantee that your issue is correctly “fixed” and “healed” and offer you the ideal set of exercises to accelerate your recovery.
- We can assist you in stopping using all of these medicines, which are plainly detrimental to your long-term health.
- We can assist you in determining what’s truly going on and identifying the underlying cause of your shoulder pain.
- We can help you avoid risky neck or shoulder surgery and unpleasant injections.
- We can assist you in avoiding the doctor’s waiting room.
- We can assist you in regaining the quality time with family and friends that neck and shoulder problems have deprived you of.
- We can help you finally get a decent night’s rest without tossing and turning, attempting to find the perfect sleeping position.
The Physical Therapy Team at CoActiv Physical Therapy can essentially assist you in returning to a life free of every day, irritating, and chronic neck and shoulder discomfort.
If you want to know the price and availability at our clinic in Bradenton, Florida, please click the button below and fill out the brief form.